May 20. Natural History Museum



Today we had a chance to rest and take take an easy day. We went to the Mass at the main church next to the National Library. The service was beautiful, and the music that was played was very good.  However, since it was a Catholic service (and it was in German) I haven’t a clue what was going on. After that, we got a light brunch at a nearby coffee shop. The food and beverage selection in this town makes me so jealous. I could never find food like this in Arkansas. We then got food from Anker to eat in the park as a picnic. We ate lunch in the large park next to the Austro-America Institute, and it was so pleasant. Seeing all the couples and families in the park living life makes me love this city more. 

After the park we meet up with the rest of the group and we took a short walk to the Natural Sciences Museum. It still amazes me how densely packed this city is, and how many interesting things there are to do in this city. I feel like we could stay here for a year and not get to do everything this city has to offer.

At the museum, Peyton, Becca, and I quickly got left behind because we were so interested in the geology exhibits. The different minerals on display were some of the most dazzling things I’ve ever seen. The rest of the museum had hundreds of different mammals on display, and also had an exhibit on the evolution of man.

But the highlight of the day was getting to see the Venus of Willendorf. That tiny sculpture has so much historic value to it. I wonder if any other UCA art appreciation students will ever get to lay eyes on it.

After the museum we got gelato and went to dinner at a place called Veggies. The food was all vegan food. I didn’t think I’d like all vegan food but what we are was delicious. I’ll be honest though, the vegan food made me really gassy. 

Compared to a free day in the Conway, Arkansas there is so much more to do here. If we have a free day in Conway it usually involves eating somewhere and then shopping at Target or something similar. But here there is so much more to do, from museums to specialty shops. I think I’d love living in a city like this more than Conway simply because I’d like all the options of what to do with my days.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 28: Shöbrunn Palace

May 24: Sound of Music Tour

May 31: Spires, Spirals, & Crypts