May 26: Munich

Our first day in Munich was full of ups and downs. We started the day hunting down brunch, which proved to be quite a challenge. After everything around the hotel failed to draw us in, we decided to go towards the city center: Mariensplatz. When we got off at the Marienplatz subway station, we got to see some proper Munich architecture. The architecture in Munich is more comparable to that of Vienna than Budapest was, I guess because of the proximity and similar cultures. We found a place right off the central square and had a really good brunch.  I had an American sandwich and the waiter joked about how I shouldn’t order an American sandwich in Munich, but I needed a slice of home. 

After brunch we just walked around the city taking in all the sights. One of the first things we ran into was a drunken group of British men celebrating one of their mate’s marriage. They let several of the girls spank the bachelor with a paddle and we were all about to die of laughter. 

After we split up from the British boys, we kept walking. I have to be honest, I was feeling very out of it this day and I had to sit down a lot. All of his traveling is upsetting my body and I’m homesick for Vienna. That’s why I didn’t enjoy much of the walking around. Because we didn’t really know what to look for and I couldn’t buy anything thanks to Arvest, who still hadn’t fixed my card after promising me they would. 


But it all ended up okay. We walked around some more and ended up at an outdoor tavern  and got to just sit and just drink a beer. I think we’re pushing us too hard on this trip, and we need to learn to take more breaks where we can still enjoy the locality, but it’s not physically demanding. After our late lunch we walked around some more and bought some wine for later tonight, as we were planning to go out. To prepare for a night out we decided to go back to the hotel and nap, which is just what I needed. When we got back we slept for about 2 hours and then half of us went to Hofbräuhaus Brewery, the oldest tavern in the world they claim. It was very hectic and crowded, but a lot of fun. The food was amazing, I got half a whole chicken We all got beers that were a whole Liter in size. I had serious doubts about certain people’s ability to finish an entire liter of beer. But I was proven wrong when all of us finished our beers. After the tavern we went back to the hotel to meet the others. When we got back we meet up in one room to get ready to go out. Honestly just sitting around in one room and talking while the girls got ready was a lot of fun, and ended up being the only fun I had because I ended up coming home early with some others. Although I didn’t mind to be honest because I got to have a full night’s sleep, which I ended up needing for tomorrow. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like Munich was fun. But exhausting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May 28: Shöbrunn Palace

May 24: Sound of Music Tour

May 31: Spires, Spirals, & Crypts